Social Media mobile marketing
The mobile marketing world grows by leaps and bounds, as smartphone penetration continues to grow worldwide. Smartphones and tablets are increasingly replacing laptops for mobile Internet browsing. This has increased the amount of mobile social media apps available, as well as making mobile social media marketing of paramount importance. Mobile marketing is especially important for businesses that have a strong need for local marketing, as many mobile users are checking for local information as they go about errands and tasks on a daily basis. Here are ten mobile social media statistics that reinforce the importance of making sure you’re making mobile social media users an important part of your marketing campaigns.
1. 1.4 billion smartphones are actively being used across the world as of 2013. This number will continue to grow as smartphones become the norm in developing countries, as well as the increasing smartphone penetration in the United States. Lower cost smartphone options, such as Google’s upcoming smartphones, also helps to power this push.
2. 40 percent of potential customers consult a minimum of 3 mobile marketing channels prior to making a purchase. Social media is an important part of the purchasing decision, as it has heavily replaced word of mouth marketing. Potential customers turn to their personal social networks to determine whether they should trust a particular brand or product. Once the customer is done consulting their social web, they may go straight from the mobile social media apps to your website on mobile. Make sure that you have a mobile optimized or responsive site so that they are easily able to go straight from the thought of purchasing to closing the purchase.
3. Mobile Internet usage is surpassing PC Internet usage within 2014. One of the top Internet usages is checking social media sites, so more people are going to be checking social media on their mobile phones than through their desktops.
4. The amount of social sharing done through mobile devices has also increased significantly over the past few years. In Q2 2014, 27.8 percent more users are sharing through their smartphones, and 3.5 percent more tablet users are also getting on social media sites and sharing.
5. On a typical day, a person in America is using their smartphone or tablet for at least two hours per day. This is 57,293 hour for an average person’s life. It’s likely that this number will continue increasing as smartphones and tablets continue to replace laptops and even desktop computers for a typical user who is only checking email and getting on the Internet for web browsing and streaming.
6. Facebook has a 600 million person user base, and a full 30 percent of these people utilize the Facebook mobile app for browsing this social media site. Additionally, users also have the option of using Facebook Messenger, which is a separate app for the chat functionality of Facebook.
7. The mobile marketing industry is projected to increase to a 31.45 billion industry. This is an increase of over 70 percent from previous years, revealing exactly how essential it is for mobile marketing to be on point, and for businesses to take advantage of the social media advertising opportunities.
8. Many adults are attached at the hip to their smartphone, as a study has shown that 91 percent of adults keep their phones on them or nearby at all times.This means that advertising on social platforms gives you the ability to reach your potential customer base at all times, especially when they are using the phone as a distraction from work or during other leisure activities.
9. Twitter is a popular social media site, especially for mobile users, as the format makes it simple to quickly communicate and post to the world. It’s growing in interest with a particularly fascinating demographic – the 55-64 year olds. There are over 80 percent more users in this bracket than there were in 2012, compared to the growth that the 34-54 year olds have shown on Facebook and Google+.
10. Mobile coupons are also rising in popularity, with 25 percent of smartphone users taking advantage of mobile coupons or coupons that are scannable from a smartphone. If you want to offer coupons through your social media marketing channels, ensure that they are mobile friendly so the vast amounts of potential customers who are using the social web through their smartphone are able to take advantage of your offer.
Suggested Read on this Topic:
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”1118369947″ cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”totesome04-20″]