Hey friend! Looking to unlock some vibrant new camos in MW2 to show off your skills and intimidate enemies? If so, you‘ll definitely want to unlock the Azul Blue camo – it‘s one of the brightest, most eye-catching camos in the game.
In this detailed guide, I‘ll walk you step-by-step through how to unlock the Azul Blue camo in Modern Warfare 2. With my expert tips and tricks, you‘ll have that brilliant blue camo equipped in no time!
Here‘s what I‘ll cover:
- What makes the Azul Blue camo so desirable
- How to unlock the X12 pistol (key to getting the camo)
- Leveling up the X12 quickly to get the camo challenge
- Tips for completing the 40 kill akimbo challenge
- Additional unlockable camos to work towards
Let‘s get into it!
Why Unlock the Azul Blue Camo in MW2
The vibrant Azul Blue camo is one of my personal favorites in MW2. It‘s a beautiful saturated blue that really pops.
Equipping Azul Blue on your weapons shows that you‘ve not only put in the time to unlock it, but also have great taste in weapon camos.
I also love how the Azul Blue camo stands out from the more common camos you see like Desert or Woodland. It will make your weapons easily identifiable in game while striking fear into your opponents.
Unlocking unique camos like Azul Blue also provides a sense of pride and achievement. It takes some work, but getting to show that camo off in game is so rewarding.
Step 1: Unlocking the X12 Pistol
The key to getting the Azul Blue camo is leveling up the X12 machine pistol to unlock the camo challenge.
You can unlock the X12 at level 31. It shouldn‘t take more than a few hours of focused play to reach level 31.
Here are some tips to get there quickly:
- Play objective modes like Domination – you‘ll get lots of kills defending and attacking objectives
- Equip streaks like UAV, Airstrike, and Harriers to maximize kills
- Use guns like the UMP that you can unlock earlier and do well with
Once you hit 31, you‘ll be able to create a class with the X12 pistol. Now the real grind starts!
Leveling Up the X12 to Unlock the Camo Challenge
The X12 is a 3-round burst machine pistol that is lethal up close. I personally love machine pistols in COD.
To unlock the Azul Blue camo, you need to get the X12 all the way up to level 19. This will take some time, but I have a few tips to help:
- Make a custom class with X12 as your secondary and put on attachments like akimbo
- Play small maps like Rust and Shipment – you‘ll get lots of close quarters kills
- Play hardcore modes where the 3-round burst shreds enemies
- Get lots of hipfire kills by getting up close and personal
- Shoot down streaks like UAVs with the X12 to help level it up
As you level the X12, you‘ll unlock attachments that make it even better:
Akimbo – Unlocked at level 10, this lets you dual wield X12s and doubles your firepower up close.
Tactical Knife – Unlocked at level 15, the knife lets you slash enemies up close after firing.
Here are the X12‘s key stats compared to other MW2 pistols:
|.44 Magnum||70-49||208 RPM||30m|
As you can see, the X12 has a fast fire rate for its damage profile making it devastating up close.
Keep playing with the X12 until you finally reach level 19 to unlock the camo challenge!
Completing the 40 Kill Akimbo Challenge
At X12 level 19, you‘ll unlock the "Get 40 kills with akimbo X12s" camo challenge.
Make sure you‘ve unlocked akimbo for the X12 by leveling it to 10 previously. Having dual X12s makes completing this challenge much easier.
Here are my best tips for getting 40 akimbo kills:
- Play small maps like Rust, Shipment, or Skidrow
- Flank around behind enemies and unleash akimbo fury
- Use Lightweight and Marathon to quickly get in close
- Toss a flash or stun grenade first to stun enemies
- Hip fire don‘t bother aiming down sights up close
- Play Hardcore modes where X12s kill faster
I was able to complete this challenge in just a few matches of Hardcore Team Deathmatch on Rust. The akimbo X12s absolutely shred at close range.
Once you finally get those 40 akimbo kills, the glorious Azul Blue camo will be yours, friend! Equip it on all your weapons and show it off.
Keep Unlocking Camos
I hope this guide has helped explain exactly how to unlock the Azul Blue camo in Modern Warfare 2. It takes some time, but is really rewarding.
Here are some other cool camos to work towards unlocking next:
- Red Tiger – Get 75 headshots with a gun
- Blue Tiger – Get 150 headshots with a gun
- Golden Camo – Unlock all other camos for a weapon
Let me know if you have any other questions! Now get out there and start working towards that vibrant blue Azul camo. Have fun!