The advantages of blogging are manifold. Here we talk about the top 6 advantages of maintaining a personal blog.
1. Putting yourself out there for the world to see makes you accountable. You will think 10 times before backing out or procrastinating.
2. Being expressive is good for your soul. Getting the baggage off before going to bed will work wonders for your spirit, your digestion and your skin. You will feel more light when the weight is off you.
3. You will gain a third person perspective on yourself. When you are running mental movies, you are caught in the emotions, it is hard to view them dispassionately without ego attachment. Your judgment becomes clouded by your own fictitious self image and it is very hard to honestly self-evaluate.
When you write about your thoughts and actions and read them, now you are watching the movie in which you see yourself as an actor. It is similar to how a top athlete like Roger Federer watches his own tennis footage to improve his footwork and strokes. Very very powerful. You will uncover a lot of defects about yourself and will have fun doing it. Like Tony Robbins says ‘a life worth living is a life worth recording.’
4. It need not cost money to get started. Although having your own blog is recommended, if money is an issue start off with a free one (use a free blogging service like wordpress.com or blogger.com), build a fan base and move to your own blog.
5. It puts the power of making a public commitment in your favor. We get motivated when other people take an interest in your journey./our goal. Waking up every morning to read 10 comments on how you lost 5 lbs in 5 days is a great way to keep you motivated. If you can ignore the occasional flamer, a personal blog can go a long way to help increase motivation. The flip side of course is that you won’t be able to get off the hook as easily because now you know a bunch of fans are waiting for your next update. This is a good thing.
5. It is a great way to get your writing talents noticed. The internet will do that for you. You are basically able to reach an infinite audience and if you write good quality articles, more and more people are going to take notice. For an aspiring writer, this is the best place to start off.
6. Last but not the least, you make money! I do not need to go into the details of this as blogging as a full time profession is a topic that has been widely covered all across the web. It can make a very healthy side income for those that write regularly with discipline.