As a Genshin Impact player and avid gamer, I‘m always excited when a new weapon gets added that perfectly complements one of my favorite characters. The new craftable bow King‘s Squire is exactly that – an Energy Recharge focused bow tailor made for powerful archer supports like Venti, Diona, and Collei. But simply finding the blueprint to craft the King‘s Squire took me on quite the journey across Sumeru.
In this complete guide, I‘ll walk you through how I obtained the blueprint and crafted the King‘s Squire bow in Genshin Impact. I‘ve played through the entire process first-hand, so I can provide lots of tips and tricks I learned along the way. Whether you‘re a casual player just looking to gear up your characters or a hardcore gamer determined to get every weapon, you‘ll find this guide essential reading!
Overview: What is the King‘s Squire and Why Do You Want It?
Before we dive into the nitty gritty details, let‘s do a quick overview of exactly what the King‘s Squire bow is and why you should care about getting it in Genshin Impact.
The King‘s Squire is a brand new 4-star bow introduced in Version 3.0 along with Sumeru. Its stats at Level 90 are:
- Base ATK: 608
- Secondary Stat: Energy Recharge%
- Passive: Increases elemental skill and elemental burst damage by 24%.
As you can see, this bow prioritizes energy recharge above all else. The passive skill damage boost is just the cherry on top.
I don‘t know about you, but I love having supports ready to use their bursts and skills off cooldown. There‘s nothing worse than frantically trying to battery your Venti when Maguu Kenki jumps into the air. The King‘s Squire solves that problem permanently.
Here are some of my personal favorite characters to use King‘s Squire with:
- Venti – Burst costs 60 energy, needs the recharge badly. Boosts swirl damage too.
- Diona – Wants burst ready for healing and shields. ER substat fuels it.
- Collei – Burst gives buffs, so ER helps a lot. EM substat boosts Dendro.
- Sara – Her skill and burst are key for buffing. ER fuels both consistently.
So in summary, if you use any of those characters extensively, the King‘s Squire is an excellent addition to your arsenal. Let‘s get into how to actually obtain it!
Step 1: Meet the Prerequisites to Unlock the Blueprint Vendor
The King‘s Squire blueprint is sold by an Aranara merchant named Aravinay within the Tree of Dreams area. But you can‘t just walk up and buy it right away. There are a few prerequisites you need to take care of first:
Complete Archon Quest Chapter III: Act 1 – This main story quest unlocks Sumeru City and the Aranyaka questline. Look for the quest called "The Morn a Thousand Roses Brings."
Finish Aranyaka Part 1 Act 1 – The long Aranyaka world quest chain eventually leads you to the Tree of Dreams. But first you have to help the Aranara with their millennial mountains problem in Part 1 Act 1.
Complete Aranyaka Part 2 Act 1 – The second act focuses on exploring an ancient library. Finishing it gains you access to the Tree of Dreams area.
I won‘t spoil the story details, but let‘s just say it involves helping cute plant creatures and exploring lush jungles. Honestly, I enjoyed the Aranyaka questline way more than I expected. The tone is whimsical and heartwarming.
But if you just want the King‘s Squire as fast as possible, you can skip most of the dialogues and cutscenes. The total time to finish the prerequisites was around 5 hours for me by skipping conversations.
Step 2: Using the Vintage Lyre in the Tree of Dreams
Once you‘ve finally unlocked the Tree of Dreams, we need to shift into the Dream World state to access the Aranara vendors. Here‘s how to do it:
- Teleport to the Tree of Dreams Statue of the Seven and change the time to night.
- Walk towards the big tree until you see the Silapna NPC on a mushroom.
- Interact with Silapna and select the "Tune" option.
- Equip the Vintage Lyre gadget and use it to play a song.
After playing the song, the visuals will change to indicate you‘ve entered the Dream World. The tree and surrounding area become more ethereal in appearance. We just need one more step before shopping…
Step 3: Locate the Blueprint Vendor Aravinay
In the Dream World version of the Tree of Dreams, make your way up the winding path around the giant tree. At the very top you‘ll find an Aranara named Aravinay who sells items in exchange for unique currencies.
Specifically, the King‘s Squire blueprint costs 1 Stories of You and the Aranara. This special currency is obtained by completing quests and finding treasure chests in the Aranyaka quests. If you finished all the prerequisites, you likely have at least 1 Story saved up already.
Interact with Aravinay and select the "I‘d like to make a purchase" dialogue option. Buy the "Tale of the King‘s Squire" blueprint for 1 Story of You and the Aranara. And just like that, you‘ve got the recipe to craft this amazing bow!
Step 4: Gather Materials and Craft at the Blacksmith
With the blueprint in hand, it‘s time to gather materials and head to the blacksmith. Here are the mats you‘ll need:
1 Midlander Bow Billet – Created from weekly boss drops at the blacksmith. I crafted mine in Sumeru City.
50 Crystal Chunk – Found by mining certain ore deposits across Teyvat. Use the Tevyat interactive map to collect them efficiently.
50 White Iron Chunk – Another ore found while mining. Make sure to bring a Claymore character to break the bigger chunks faster!
500 Mora – The basic currency in Genshin Impact. You probably have loads of it saved up already. If not, leylines are a quick way to farm Mora.
I made sure to gather extra crystals and white iron over several days leading up to obtaining the blueprint. That way I could craft the bow immediately without any delay!
With all the materials ready, head to a crafting bench (I prefer Sumeru City again) and select the Bow category. Craft the King‘s Squire bow and congratulations, you‘ve obtained this incredibly useful signature weapon!
Recommended Characters to Use King‘s Squire On
Now for the fun part – who should you actually equip the King‘s Squire bow on? Here are my top recommendations:
- His Elemental Burst costs 60 Energy, which is difficult to recharge without enough Energy Recharge.
- The bow‘s Energy Recharge secondary stat fuels his Burst uptime.
- The passive skill boost further empowers his Swirl DMG during Burst.
- Easy to build with CRIT Rate or CRIT DMG circlet to boost damage.
- Focused on shielding and healing, so Burst needs to be ready often.
- Energy Recharge stat fuels her Burst for on-demand shields and healing.
- The HP% secondary stat buffs shield strength.
- Can be built full HP for stronger shields.
- Burst provides important Dendro application and buffs. Keeping Burst ready is crucial.
- Energy Recharge stat ensures Burst is available when you need it.
- The EM secondary stat enhances Dendro reactions like Spread and Aggravate.
- Simple EM or Dendro DMG Bonus build works great.
- Skill provides Attack buff and Burst boosts Crit DMG. Both are key to her support role.
- Energy Recharge stat keeps her abilities ready for buffing allies.
- ATK% secondary stat improves her skill buff strength.
- Build with ER, ATK%, and Crit. Noblesse Oblige works well.
There are plenty more characters like Fischl, Gorou, and Kuki Shinobu who appreciate the benefits of King‘s Squire. But the four above were my personal priorities to enhance with this superb craftable bow.
Final Thoughts on Obtaining This Signature Bow
The King‘s Squire bow in Genshin Impact takes some effort to obtain, but the rewards are well worth it. As an avid gamer myself, I was thrilled when I finally crafted this signature weapon after an extensive Aranyaka questline playthrough. Though it takes 5-6 hours to unlock the blueprint vendor, the charming story and characters kept me engaged throughout.
If you take the time to follow the steps I outlined above, you‘ll soon have a King‘s Squire of your own to boost your favorite archer supports. Let me know in the comments which characters you plan to equip it on in your roster! I‘m always eager to discuss new weapon options and theorycrafting with fellow players.
Whether you‘re a casual gamer or hardcore meta player, the King‘s Squire is a bow worth chasing down. The exceptional energy restoration it provides will take your characters to the next level. Thanks for reading this guide, and I‘ll see you in Teyvat, Traveler!