There is no question about it that social media is changing faster than we can ever imagine. If you utilize social media for business, then you would do well to pay attention to 10 unexpected social media statistics, figures and facts and how it will change your perspective of social media.
Rethink Your Social Strategy Based on Social Media Facts and Figures
There are various facts and figures coming from prominent social media giants such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus, Twitter, etc that will have your head spinning. Not only that, it will forever change the way you think about these platforms and the impact it will have on your bottom line should you utilize them effectively. Let’s take a look.
1. Twitter, Google Plus and Facebook managed to attract a large number of older users who fall under the 45 to 64 year age bracket. Twitter comes out top as it is growing a lot faster when it comes to users aged between 55 to 64 years old. It goes to show that you should not just focus your content on younger users.
2. Another surprising fact worthy of mentioning is that Facebook has over 700 million active mobile users and counting. Did you know that more than 80 percent of Facebook users are situated outside Canada and the U.S? What is more, up to 75 percent of marketers think they know what consumers want, but only 35 percent of these actually asked their buyers.
3. While Facebook holds the number one spot, Google Plus claimed its spot as the second most popular social network and it keeps growing. The last update showed that Google Plus have over 300 million monthly users. Google Plus managed to get more and more people interested as they are curious how it all works out.
4. It is crazy to think that most smartphone users aged between 18 to 44 spend close to 40 minutes each day connecting to Facebook of which most of their time is being utilized browsing news feeds. This is a wake up call for business owners to ensure their content displays properly on smaller screens. Besides, more than 4 billion people access social media via their mobile devices.
5. LinkedIn as the biggest professional network reached just over 330 million users of which 107 million happen to be from the USA. What is more, LinkedIn caters for 200 countries and is available in 20 languages if not more. The average user spends close to 20 minutes on LinkedIn. The number of pageviews reached in excess of 28 billion. Best of all, every second, two new users join this social media powerhouse. Were you aware that up to 42 percent if not more, of LinkedIn visits originate from mobile devices?
6. It’s been said that men predominantly use Google Plus, while women prefer Pinterest. Statistics have shown that up to 80 percent of Pinterest users are women, which may be the case due to food being the main category discussed. While close to 70 percent register Google Plus users are men. Pinterest is now more than 70 million plus strong and just over 23 percent use it at least once a day.
7. YouTube that is now owned by Google happens to be the second largest search engine as more than one billion visitors frequent this site. They boast over 100 hours of uploaded videos per minute. It is madness to think that more than 6 billion hours of video are being watched on a monthly basis. Business owners might be surprised to find that over 40 percent of YouTube traffic originates from mobile users. Did you know that as much as 1 billion mobile video views are being reported by YouTube?
8. Do not underestimate the power of blogs in terms of its ability to strengthen social media reach as more than 12 million users engage in blogging via prominent social networks. After all, businesses who uses blogs manage to generate 67 percent more leads than their rivals. This is why over 23 percent of marketers are investing in social media and blogging. By doing so business owners who blog at least 15 times a month generate five times as much traffic than those who do not bother to blog at all.
9. Instagram boasts that more than 20 billion photos have been uploaded to date. It sure is interesting to learn that one and a half million Instagram users are based in Thailand. As much as 50 million people signed up in the last 6 months. In addition, Instagram ensures that users receive over one billion like each day. They are now just over 200 million strong and counting. Furthermore, close to 25 percent of Instagram users are teenagers.
10. Twitter is a very popular medium for bridging the gap between social media and mass media. Television broadcasters are using Twitter to attract comments and feedback on their shows. What makes it so powerful is its simplicity, news breaking capability and feeds done in real time. They average at around 288 plus million active users according to Global Web Index. It’s been reported that they have well over 500 million registered users. Interestingly, China has the most users on Twitter. Eighty percent of Twitter users access the social media network from their mobile phones. Moving forward, Twitter is one to be watched as it is grabbing more customers than ever before.
Whether you like it or not, these social media statistics, figures and facts reveal how important it is to rethink your social media business strategies. It is even stated that social media tops porn as it is now the number one pass time for many.
It is a fact that social media is worth its weight in gold. Social media is not just a passing fad or phase as it continues to grow and newer and better platforms crop up all the time. Therefore, putting an effort into your social media strategies will go a long way to put you on top of your game. It is considered the smart way of doing business. This is why many business owners should make it their business to make use of the 10 unexpected social media statistics, figures and facts mentioned to position themselves in front of a lucrative market.