Having trouble getting LEGO Builder‘s Journey to run properly without crashing or freezing up your PC? As an avid gamer and tech enthusiast, I totally understand how frustrating it can be when a game you‘re excited about doesn‘t work right away.
Not to worry – with a few tweaks and troubleshooting steps, we can get LEGO Builder‘s Journey running smooth and stable. I‘ve helped hundreds of gamers debug crashing and freezing issues, so lend me your bricks for a bit and we‘ll build a solution together!
First Things First: Update Those Drivers
The number one cause of game crashes that I see is outdated graphics drivers. It‘s super important to keep your GPU drivers updated, especially when playing new releases like LEGO Builder‘s Journey. Nvidia and AMD are constantly optimizing drivers to fix bugs and improve game compatibility.
Here‘s a quick guide on updating drivers for your system:
- Open GeForce Experience
- Click on the Drivers tab
- Download and install the latest Game Ready Driver
- Restart your PC after the driver update
- Go to AMD.com
- Click on Support & Drivers
- Select Download Drivers under Auto-Detect and Install
- Choose your GPU and operating system
- Download and run the latest Adrenalin driver installer
- Reboot once done
Pro Tip: Enable automatic driver updates if your graphics software supports it. This ensures you always have the latest optimizations from Nvidia or AMD.
Keeping those drivers fresh avoids so many potential issues down the line. But we‘re just getting started – let‘s move on to some other fixes for crashes and freezes!
Give LEGO Builder‘s Journey Administrator Access
Sometimes you need to give a program elevated permissions to work properly. Let‘s try running LEGO Builder‘s Journey as an Administrator:
- Right click on the LEGO Builder‘s Journey shortcut or executable
- Choose Properties
- Switch to the Compatibility tab
- Check the box for "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click Apply and OK
- Launch the game again and see if it helped!
Running as admin gives LEGO Builder‘s Journey full access to system resources, which can prevent some freezing or crashing behavior. It‘s quick and easy to try.
Add Exceptions in Your Antivirus and Firewall Software
Overly zealous antivirus and firewall tools are another common culprit behind game crashes. They may falsely detect game files or traffic as malicious and block vital processes.
Here‘s how to add exceptions for LEGO Builder‘s Journey:
Windows Security / Defender:
- Open Windows Security settings
- Click App & Browser control
- Select Allow an app through Microsoft Defender Firewall
- Click Change settings, then Allow another app
- Browse and add the LEGO Builder‘s Journey executable file
- Also add an exception for the game‘s install folder
Third Party Antivirus:
- Open your antivirus software settings
- Look for options to add exclusions/exceptions
- Exclude the LEGO Builder‘s Journey executable and install folder
- You may need to pause or disable certain shields too
This ensures your security software leaves LEGO Builder‘s Journey alone so it can run properly.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes game file corruption can lead to random crashes or instability. We can scan and repair any issues with Steam‘s built-in verification tool:
- In your Steam Library, right-click on LEGO Builder‘s Journey
- Go to Properties then Local Files tab
- Click "Verify Integrity of Game Files"
- Steam will now scan and restore any corrupted files
This quick validation ensures you have clean game files. It‘s always worth trying if you experience frequent crashes or freezes while playing.
Update Windows and DirectX for Better Stability
An outdated operating system can cause all sorts of compatibility and stability issues for games.
- Make sure you‘re on the latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Open Windows Update and install any pending system updates
- Also check for new DirectX updates and install if available
- Reboot your PC after updating for changes to take effect
Updating Windows resolves many low level bugs and improves how well games interface with system components. So it‘s a quick fix that can help minimize crashes.
Disable Overlays That Might Conflict
Many third party apps include in-game overlays that can sometimes clash with games and cause stability issues. Try temporarily disabling any overlays as a troubleshooting step:
- Nvidia GeForce Experience
- AMD Adrenalin software
- MSI Afterburner
- Razer Synapse
- Logitech G-Hub
- ASUS/Gigabyte/MSI motherboard software
Of course you can re-enable overlays afterwards if disabling them didn‘t resolve the crashes. This is just an easy way to isolate any potential conflicts.
Give Your PC Some Breathing Room
Sometimes there are simple housekeeping steps we can take to stop crashes:
- Restart your PC – This clears out any background processes and memory issues
- Update BIOS – A newer BIOS version may fix compatibility problems
- Close unused apps – Free up RAM so all resources go towards the game
- Disable GPU overclocks – Temporarily reset to default if you have an overclock
- Check temperatures – Ensure CPU and GPU are not overheating
I know, not very glamorous steps! But stability comes from getting those basics right. Don‘t underestimate the power of a reboot and closing down other apps.
When All Else Fails…Reinstall the Game!
If you‘ve tried everything suggested here and LEGO Builder‘s Journey still crashes, it may be time for a fresh install:
- Uninstall LEGO Builder‘s Journey through Steam
- Open your install folder and delete any leftover files
- Restart your PC
- Re-download LEGO Builder‘s Journey on Steam and do a clean install
This essentially resets the game to factory settings, clearing out any corrupted files or lingering issues from past installations.
Phew, alright! That was quite the journey troubleshooting LEGO Builder‘s Journey crashes and freezes. We explored updating drivers, running as admin, antivirus exclusions, verifying files, Windows updates, disabling overlays, general stability tips, and reinstalling the game.
I know it can be tedious, but methodically eliminating different variables is crucial for isolating the cause of game crashes. Don‘t give up, my friend! With a bit of brick-by-brick debugging, we can get LEGO Builder‘s Journey running super smooth.
Game on! Let me know if you have any other issues getting your games up and stable. I love helping fellow gamers and tackling these tech puzzles. We‘ll get you building in no time!