Posting consistently on Instagram is crucial for driving engagement and growing your account. But finding time to create and share content daily can be a challenge. That‘s where scheduling Instagram posts comes in handy!
In this comprehensive guide, we‘ll cover everything you need to know about scheduling posts on Instagram in 2023, including:
Why Schedule Instagram Posts?
Here are some of the key reasons you should be scheduling Instagram posts:
- Saves time – Create content in advance instead of daily, freeing up more time
- Consistency – Schedule posts to go out regularly, so your account stays active
- Plan ahead – Get content ready in advance for product launches, campaigns etc.
- Analyze performance – See how well scheduled posts do compared to non-scheduled ones
- Greater reach – Stay active with an ongoing stream of content to keep reaching new users
Step-by-Step Guide to Scheduling Instagram Posts
To schedule posts on Instagram you first need to:
Switch to an Instagram Business Profile
As only business accounts have access to the native scheduling feature:
- Tap your profile picture
- Tap Settings
- Choose “Switch to Business Profile” and follow the prompts
Access Instagram‘s Built-in Scheduling
Instagram allows you to schedule both posts and Reels up to 75 days in advance. Here‘s how:
Scheduling Instagram Posts:
- Tap the + icon and create your post
- Go to Advanced Settings
- Choose "Schedule" and pick a date/time
- Tap “Schedule” to confirm
Scheduling Instagram Reels:
The process is the same as above. Just select “Reels” instead of “Posts” from the + icon first.
Managing Scheduled Content
From your profile:
- Tap the profile icon
- Go to "Scheduled Content" to edit, reschedule or delete upcoming posts
When creating a new post/Reels you can also view scheduled content from the advanced settings menu directly.
Top Third-Party Scheduling Tools
While Instagram‘s built-in tool works great, third-party apps offer more advanced analytics and cross-channel scheduling options. Some top tools include:
- Later – Visual planner with analytics. Free and paid plans
- Planoly – User-friendly scheduler with collaboration features
- Hootsuite – Manage multiple networks including Instagram from one dashboard
These apps streamline workflows further by allowing you to:
- Schedule to multiple networks simultaneously
- Use auto keyword, caption generators
- Receive analytics on your posts
- Collaborate with team members
Their paid plans unlock more handy features like auto link-shortening, push notifications for comments/followers etc. Worth exploring if you manage multiple accounts or want deeper analytics.
Tips for Successful Instagram Scheduling
While scheduling Instagram posts is easy, make sure you also:
- Analyze your best posting times – Check Instagram Insights to see when your followers are most active and schedule accordingly. In general, early morning and evenings drive more engagement.
- Use relevant hashtags + locations – Just like regular posts, use popular hashtags and location tags to increase discovery.
- Check back on metrics – After a few weeks analyze how well scheduled vs non-scheduled posts perform. This will tell you if pre-scheduling impacts reach.
Monetizing Your Instagram Account
Growing your Instagram opens up ways to monetize it including:
- Influencer marketing – Once you build a strong audience you can partner with brands as a nano or micro influencer. A free platform like Ainfluencer makes it easy to find collaborations.
- Promote products/services – Market your own products, services or online courses directly to your niche following.
- Affiliate marketing – Earn commissions promoting relevant products through affiliate links.
The key is growing an engaged audience first with shareable content. Scheduling helps maintain consistency so your account keeps thriving.
FAQs About Scheduling Instagram Posts
Still have questions? Here are answers to some commonly asked questions:
Why can’t I schedule posts on Instagram? – Make sure you’ve switched to an Instagram business profile first. The scheduling feature isn’t available on personal accounts.
Can I schedule Stories or Reels? – At this time, only feed posts and Reels can be scheduled, not Stories.
What’s the best scheduling app? – The built-in scheduler works fine, but apps like Later, Planoly and Hootsuite offer advanced functionality. Test different options to see which platform suits your needs best.
How far in advance can I schedule? – You can schedule both posts and Reels up to 75 days ahead on Instagram.
Scheduling posts is an easy way to prepare Instagram content in advance, saving you effort while keeping your account active consistently.
To start scheduling:
- Switch to an Instagram business profile
- Use the built-in feature to schedule posts and Reels up to 75 days out
- Consider third-party tools like Later for more advanced analytics
- Analyze best posting times and refine your scheduling strategy accordingly
Maintaining a steady stream of content ultimately helps you engage your audience and grow on Instagram. So what are you waiting for? Give scheduling a try!
Have more questions? Let me know in the comments!