WordPress has become the go-to content management system (CMS) for building websites. Its simplicity, flexibility, open-source nature, and vibrant community have made it an extremely popular choice among bloggers, businesses, developers, and agencies alike.
However, as your WordPress site grows and starts getting more traffic, you may experience performance and scaling issues on shared hosting plans. This is where transitioning to a managed WordPress hosting provider that leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS) can be beneficial.
AWS offers on-demand cloud computing services with high availability, security, and scalability. Combining the power of WordPress and AWS through a managed hosting provider gives you the advantage of superior performance and effortless management.
In this guide, we will explore some of the best managed AWS WordPress hosting providers that can turbocharge your website.
Why Choose Managed AWS Hosting for WordPress?
Here are some key reasons to opt for managed WordPress hosting on AWS:
High Uptime – With AWS data centers across the globe, you get maximum uptime and redundancy to keep your site online 24/7.
Blazing Fast Speed – AWS infrastructure ensures faster page load times due to quick provisioning of resources to handle traffic spikes.
Scalability – It‘s easy to scale computing resources up or down based on your site‘s needs. No more worrying about outgrowing your hosting plan.
Managed Services – The hosting provider configures, optimizes, monitors, and manages everything for you – plugins, caching, security, backups, updates, etc.
Enhanced Security – AWS offers enterprise-grade security including DDoS protection, firewalls, SSL certificates, VPN access, and more.
Reliability – With multiple availability zones, AWS prevents data loss and ensures smooth failovers in case of server crashes or outages.
Latest Technology – Regular infrastructure upgrades and adoption of new technologies by AWS like containers, serverless computing etc.
Developer Tools – AWS provides developer tools and APIs to deploy applications faster.
Clearly, managed AWS WordPress hosting combines the best of both worlds – power of AWS and managed services of a hosting provider. So you get high performance, reliability, and security without the hosting management headaches.
Next, let‘s look at some of the top managed AWS WordPress hosting providers available today.
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider specialized in AWS hosting. They utilize Google Cloud Platform in Europe for GDPR compliance.
Some key features of Kinsta include:
- Use of AWS, Google Cloud and container technology for unparalleled performance.
- Powerful in-house caching technologies like Kinsta cache and object cache.
- Free SSL certificate, CDN, and automatic HTTPS.
- Malware detection and DDoS protection powered by Cloudflare.
- WAF and firewall to block threats. Daily backups with one-click restores.
- Seamless integration with WordPress site management plugins.
- Intuitive MyKinsta dashboard for monitoring and analytics.
- 24/7 expert support via live chat, email and phone.
Kinsta delivers up to 20X faster page loads by optimizing your WordPress setup on AWS infrastructure. With powerful security and simplicity of managing multiple WordPress sites, they are trusted by top companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Uber, etc.
Pricing starts at $30 per month and goes up based on traffic needs. Their annual plans offer maximum value.
2. WPX Hosting
WPX Hosting is a managed WordPress hosting company focused on high performance, security, and luxury support. Their custom-built infrastructure on AWS powers over 500,000 WordPress sites.
Some standout features offered by WPX include:
- Optimized WordPress stack on AWS for maximum speed.
- Free migration, CDN, SSL, backups, and domain privacy.
- Proactive resource monitoring and auto scaling.
- Malware removal and DDoS protection via BitNinja.
- HTTP/2 support, NGINX-based caching, and Varnish.
- 24/7 chat, email, and phone support.
- Easy staging sites and GIT version control integration.
WPX delivers up to 20X faster load times by fine-tuning caching, databases, and content delivery on AWS. Their prime focus is on high performance and 100% uptime.
Pricing starts at $29 per month and scales based on visitors and resources used. WPX‘s semi-annual billing offers best value.
Flywheel is a managed WordPress hosting platform built for designers, developers, and digital agencies. Their optimized AWS infrastructure ensures fastest WordPress performance.
Some of the key features offered by Flywheel include:
- High speed architecture on AWS platform.
- Free unlimited staging sites for testing.
- GIT and WP-CLI for version control and workflow automation.
- Team management capabilities.
- Custom domains, SSL, and CDN included.
- Automatic daily backups to Amazon S3.
- Malware detection, firewall protection, and DDoS mitigation.
- 24/7 support via live chat, email, and phone.
Flywheel delivers lightning fast speeds by fine-tuning databases, caching, DNS, and CDNs on AWS. Their platform streamlines collaboration allowing you to build sites faster.
Pricing begins at $35 per month with volume discounts available. Flywheel‘s annual plans offer maximum savings.
Pagely offers managed WordPress hosting engineered for scale, security, and superior performance on AWS infrastructure.
Some notable features of Pagely include:
- High availability architecture using AWS.
- Ultra-fast page loads and ability to handle traffic spikes.
- Free SSL, backups, and CDN powered by Cloudflare.
- Enterprise grade security and DDoS protection.
- Team collaboration tools for agencies.
- Guaranteed SLA uptime with financial backs.
- 24x7x365 expert support via chat and phone.
By leveraging multiple AWS services and optimizing your WordPress site, Pagely delivers superior performance and reliability.
Pagely‘s pricing starts at $35 per month with discounts for annual plans. Enterprise pricing is also available for large businesses.
Pantheon is an optimized, scalable platform for managing WordPress and Drupal sites on AWS and Google Cloud.
Some key features offered by Pantheon include:
- High performance infrastructure on AWS and GCP.
- One-click staging, backups, cloning, and restores.
- Integration with CI tools, WP-CLI, Git, and Drush.
- Global CDN, free SSL, and security best practices.
- Role-based access and team collaboration.
- Automated load testing, scaling, and failover.
- 24/7 live chat and email support.
By containerizing WordPress and utilizing AWS/GCP infrastructure, Pantheon ensures maximum uptime, faster page loads and effortless scaling.
Pricing starts at $25 per month. Annual and prepaid plans give you maximum savings.
WPEngine is a managed WordPress hosting platform built for speed, security, stability, and scale. Their customized infrastructure on AWS powers over 500,000 sites.
Some key features of WPEngine include:
- High performance architecture using AWS data centers.
- CDN, free SSL, managed updates and backups.
- Scales to handle traffic spikes automatically.
- Malware detection and DDoS protection.
- WAF and cloud firewall to block threats.
- Git integration, staging sites, and CLI access.
- 24/7 expert support via live chat and phone.
By leveraging AWS cloud and optimizing WordPress, WPEngine delivers greater uptime, faster page loads and ability to scale seamlessly during traffic surges.
Pricing starts at $35 per month with discounts for annual plans.
SpinupWP is a managed WordPress hosting platform built for speed and security. Their optimized AWS infrastructure ensures blazing fast WordPress performance.
Some notable features of SpinupWP include:
- High speed architecture using AWS.
- Free site migration, CDN, SSL, and daily backups.
- Caching technologies like LiteSpeed, Memcached, and Varnish.
- Firewall, DDoS protection, and patch management.
- WAF, malware detection, and instant threat blocking.
- Team collaboration features and staging sites.
- 24/7 live chat and email support.
By leveraging AWS global infrastructure and optimizing WordPress, SpinupWP delivers faster load times, maximum uptime and ability to handle unexpected traffic surges effortlessly.
Pricing starts at $35 per month with discounts for annual plans.
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform for WordPress, Magento, and other PHP apps on AWS, Google and DigitalOcean.
Some key highlights of Cloudways include:
- High speed architecture by utilizing AWS, GCP and DO.
- One-click staging sites, backups, and SSL.
- Server security patching and configuration.
- Free migration, firewall protection, and monitoring.
- Optimization features like Redis caching, HTTP/2, Railgun.
- 24×7 chat support and expert management.
By optimizing WordPress on cloud infrastructure, Cloudways provides greater uptime, faster page loads, security hardening and ability to scale during traffic spikes.
Pricing starts at $10 per month for WordPress sites. Monthly plans offer maximum flexibility.
pressidium provides automated WordPress management, enhanced performance, security, and support on AWS infrastructure.
Some key aspects of pressidium include:
- High availability architecture on AWS.
- CDN, free SSL, unlimited staging sites, and backups.
- Continuous security monitoring, firewall and DDoS protection.
- Automated WordPress management – updates, speed optimization, plugin restrictions.
- Developer-optimized workflow – Git, WP-CLI, New Relic.
- 24/7 WordPress expert support.
By optimizing WordPress stack on AWS, pressidium delivers greater uptime, faster page loads and robust security so you can just focus on your business.
pressidium‘s plans start at $35 per month with annual discounts available.
Key Factors to Evaluate
Here are some important factors to evaluate when choosing a managed AWS WordPress hosting provider:
Performance – Page load times, caching technology, content delivery, ability to handle spikes.
Uptime & Reliability – Service level guarantees, redundancies, failover capabilities.
Security – Firewall, malware detection, WAF, DDoS mitigation, SSL, backups.
Support – Availability of 24/7 expert support via live chat, phone, tickets.
Features – Staging sites, GIT integration, CLI access, monitoring, team collaboration tools.
Scalability – Ability to scale computing resources based on traffic needs.
Pricing – Entry level plans as well as options for high traffic sites, discounts for annual plans.
Ease of Use – Intuitive control panel, 1-click installations, hassle-free migration.
WordPress Expertise – Extensive WordPress specific optimizations for improved performance.
Utilizing AWS infrastructure offers numerous benefits for WordPress sites in terms of performance, scalability, reliability, and security. And combining it with managed WordPress hosting services gives you the advantage of superior infrastructure and specialized expertise for effortless management.
The managed AWS WordPress hosting providers discussed above have proven track records in fine-tuning and optimizing the WordPress architecture on AWS for greater speed and uptime. Their expertise in servers, caching, databases, DevOps, security, and WordPress itself enables them to deliver a high-performance hosting platform so you can focus on your business.
We hope this guide gives you a good overview of the top options available for managed AWS WordPress hosting today. Evaluate your specific needs like traffic levels, growth plans, security requirements and budget to choose the right solution for powering your WordPress site.